My month in Boston became my soul adventure. I have been learning and growing so much. On the plane ride home, i jotted down the most significant “break throughs” (which you will find below). Since one of the “break throughs” was changing my attitude toward the idea of having a man in my life, I am also sharing my musings about how a love relationship can actually be lasting and fulfilling. Deepest apologies if my thoughts bring up difficult emotions for anyone.
Breakthroughs of Soul Adventure 2013
- Physical and metaphysical alignment are linked
- I will achieve my audacious dreams; I am powerful at manifesting
- I do want a significant relationship. A gentleman who adores me and wants to help me manifest my dreams and will relish my help manifesting his dreams. I am worthy of such a man.
- Clean, good food with moderate exercise and laughter makes my body sing. Limit refined sugar, alcohol, gluten, meat, and stress.
- Live abundance not scarcity. Have a different relationship with money.
- Trust that the most benevolent outcome will result; it releases you from worry and grasping anxiety.
Paradigm for a lasting, fulfilling marriage
Marriage as it stands, a blanket commitment for life until death do us part, has a high failure rate and a good chance the marriage will lapse into a humdrum existence. Instead, marriage should be a commitment year to year (or other increments of less than five years) with the intention to be together and support and love each other for the rest of this life.
To make the year-to-year marriage work, a financial separation contract for divorce should be written as a companion to the marriage contract. This agreement prevents the marriage from becoming a trap for either party. It, along with the year-to-year recommitment, prevents a lapse into complacency.
The recommitment conversation is key. On their Wedding Anniversary date of the agreed upon increment of time, the married couple makes a decision to continue or change or discontinue the relationship. Also at this date, individual goals supported by the other and goals as couple are set out for the year(s) ahead. This recommitment and goals conversation creates a mutually supportive and loving base for the relationship. It also keeps the relationship fresh and moving forward not stagnant.
A relationship is made up of two individuals. Since individuals are not ridged, unchanging creatures, the relationship needs to adapt, to change and grow along with both individuals. This method of communication and supportive goals setting facilitates a lasting, fulfilling marriage.